Are you interested in learning more about successful, responsible gardening or do you want the satisfaction of knowing you’re keeping our community garden growing? If you answered yes to either of these questions than Summit Community Gardens has volunteer opportunities for you!
Volunteer with us every week in the garden or on an individual project basis. Whichever you prefer, Summit Community Gardens has a number of fulfilling volunteer opportunities for everyone. Sign up below!
- Maintenance Crew: Maintains the garden’s common areas. Providing weeding support, trash pick-up, lawn care, hand watering when needed, pruning or care of perennial beds.
- Kids’ Garden Crew: Helps build and maintain kids’ garden space.
- Demonstration Garden Crew: Helps with transplanting and harvesting the demonstration garden plots.
- Compost Crew: Helps build the compost pile, turns compost, spreads when needed and ready, notifies garden staff of compost needs
- Educator Crew: Teaches SCG workshops and classes
- Communications Crew: Designated leader of each community plot “pod” to disperse information to fellow community gardeners if garden managers are not available.
- Shed/Tool Crew: Maintains organization and cleanliness in shared shed, ensures proper care of tools. If tools need to be repaired or replaced, inform garden staff.
- Events Crew: Helps plan, prepare, set up and staff events at the garden.
- Garden Mob: This crew helps out on spur of the moment needs throughout the garden.